You are herePoverty


Minneapolis Public Housing Opens List for Family Housing from June 22-26

Minneapolis Public Housing will allow people to apply for 2-4 bedroom family housing for the first time in years beginning on June 22, 2010 and ending on June 26, 2010.  Applications can be downloaded from the MPHA website at or by phone by calling 1-866-477-4045 for English speakers, 1-888-214-3771 for Somalis, 1-866-955-8229 for Hmong or 612-342-1415 for the deaf.
For the full Star Tribune story on this, go to

Salvation Army offers Life Camp for children of incarcerated individuals

LIFE Camp provides children (grades 2-6) of inmates currently or formerly detained in a Minnesota or North Dakota correctional facility the opportunity to create positive, life-long memories at no cost to their families. During the week-long camp, the kids have a chance to participate in activities like fishing, swimming, hiking and more. There is also a special focus on their specific emotional needs and life skills training.
For more information about this program, click here.

How do I determine if someone is eligible for pro bono services

I would like to represent someone in a pro bono capacity. How do I determine if the person is eligible for representation according to CMLS's eligibility requirements?

Can Central Minnesota Legal Services help me?

Client Eligibility is determined by a number of factors:

  • Residence
  • Income requirements established according to the federal poverty guidelines
  • Type of legal problem
  • Specific eligibility requirements of the Legal Services Corporation

To determine if you are eligible for Central Minnesota Legal Services, please contact our intake at: (612) 334-5970 (Metro Area) 1-800-622-4011 (Outside of the Metro Area)

Please also see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information:

Need Legal Help?